The very thought of coming up with fresh, engaging and compelling content everyday unnerves even the most sophisticated and reputable brands out there. But you have a duty to keep your readers hooked on to your blog and social media channels and so, you have to take up the gauntlet of challenge and get yourself mentally prepared to come up with another mind-blowing article that is powerful enough to get standing ovation on social circles. It is the social sharing of your content and the comments of your targeted audience on your website that makes your brand irresistible.
Failure to come with high value content or failing short of entertaining and engaging your audience can spell disaster for your brand. Boring content will make people feel bored and they might feel inclined to unsubscribe from your social channel.
Why Brand Struggling with Content Creation
Now as we are all aware, creating super awesome article is not everyone’s cup of coffee and for that reason, people may feel overwhelmed at the idea of creating such high quality and entertaining content day-in and day-out.
This is exactly where people tend to take a short cut. In order to escape the hard reality that they are unable to produce high quality content to keep their online marketing initiatives rolling, they tend to make weird mistakes. Yup they opt for content curation as opposed to Content creation.
Content Curation – Why It is not Bad
Now of course, Content Curation is not necessarily bad. In fact, content curation is a wonderful thing that lets you unleash creativity by collaging creations of other people while including your own perspective. People have been doing this for years and so far, no animals are hurt.
But the problem erupts only when people treat Content Creation as a mean to escape the burden of creating awesome content. They feel that their task is only limited to gathering some resource and then copying some quotes haphazardly caring little for the coherence and creativity. Even things turn ugly when marketers start treating Content Curation as an alternative of Content creation.
However, both Content Curation and Content Creation have their shares of benefits and drawbacks. We should not depict Content Creation as something divine and Content Curation as something filthy. Let’s find out the truth –
Content Creation – A Cornerstone Of All Marketing Initiative
If you are not doing Content Marketing, you are not doing any marketing at all. This is as simple as that. Content creation is of immense importance if you are to see your website skyrocketing towards success. Below are some crucial benefits of Content Creation
- The biggest benefit of content creation is that the content you create remains your property. It remains there forever. Unless you delete it from your channel or website, the article or the image or video is going to stay there. Say for example, Moz.com. People at Moz rarely does guest blogging on other sites. It publishes content on its sites and so enjoy higher traffic and more engagement.
- Content creation helps you build strong web presence. Since you will be creating unique content, chances are quite high that your website will rank in some long tail keywords. Moreover, you will be sharing the content on your social channels and therefore, it will get some natural links that will further boost its visibility. Distilled strictly follows the rule. Its posts get large number of social shares and comments that stand testimony of its immense popularity.
- Fresh and unique content is the most important element that keeps your loyal customers engaged all the time. People are most likely to get bored if you do not keep them entertained or pampered with highly engaging content. SEOReseller.com strongly believes in producing interesting, engaging and awesome content.
- Unique content helps you establish your authority on the subject. Moreover, it might inspire other people to get involved and that will give you more opportunity to capture more attention.
- Unique content can help you promote your business objectives and goals without making it look too promotional. Moreover, you are getting a unique opportunity to reach out to a specific group of people by coming up with high quality and original content.
However, there are some downsides of Content Creation and they are –
- Content creation is extremely time consuming and exhaustive.
- Content marketing is a long process and therefore, if you are looking for short-term growth, you should better opt for other channels.
- Creation of high quality video or infographic is extremely costly affair that small business owners cannot afford.
Why Content Curation
Posting energetic content on social channels and refreshing your site with interactive and engaging content is a time consuming task that you might have already realized.
So, here are the benefits of content curation –
- As you are already aware, it takes much less time to curate content and share it on social channels.
- If you are involved in content curation, you will be able to update your social channels more frequently which will eventually lead to more engagement.
- You will help your audience to get acquainted with the perspectives of different people without requiring them leaving your website or social channels.
- Content curation has become extremely easy thanks to the availability of different tools.
However, on the flipside, you have something that you need to remain aware of –
- Curated Content is certainly not as effective as original content when it comes to establishing yourself as an authority on that subject.
- You might be helping other people promoting their brand images while curating content and sharing it on social circles.
- Engaging people with curated content Engagement is a bit hard.
Content Curation and Content Creation both are immensely hard when done right and can have disastrous implication when done wrong. So, you have to focus on whatever you have embarked on and your marketing efforts will yield better results at the end.