HOW TO SET UP A TUMBLR BLOG
Blogging is no doubt one of the hottest online trends these days. There are millions of people who run their own personal and professional blogs. Because of its popularity, there are so many blogging sites that allow you to create blogs with them and publish your content. One such website is Tumbler. It is unarguably one of the most famous blogging sites on the web.
Some important things you should know before you start blogging.
Yes it’s a fact that blogging had a really slow start with only a few people interested in it but as the time passed blogging rapidly increased in popularity, especially with the introduction of open diaries and live journals in 1999.
A blog can be about anything you want, be it photography, music, movies, art etc. The recent years have seen a shift towards a more professional use of blogging. It is being used for professional purposes, such as, marketing, advertising and sales etc. Blogging has made many people’s dreams come true and turned them into big internet entrepreneurs.
As mentioned earlier, Tumble is one of the most easy to use and most popular blogging sites out there. It is also one of the most preferred sites. This article will tell you all there is to know about Tumblr
Getting to know “Tumblr”?
Tumblr is a blogging platform as well as a social networking website which has attracted almost 46.2 million bloggers who have set up their own personal blogs. The site was launched recently in 2007 and grew big in a very small period of time. It has attracted users from all around the world. It is most popular among teens and college students. Statistics show Tumblr gets more users than twitter when it comes to the age group of 16 to 25. The “Tumblr App” has also been made available on Apple and Blackberry Smart phones as since 2010.
One more thing you have to know about Tumblr is that it hosts some of the most famous and daily visited blogs on the internet. Some of these might come to you as a shock because if you only looked at their names you would never believe that these blogs could have gotten over 20 thousand unique views in only a day’s time. Such Blogs include Pleated jeans, Rats off, Corgi Addict and I’m remembering.
If you really want to join Tumblr then you should try out following these blogs as they will help you out with creating your own successful blog.
- 1. “Songs You Used to Love”; it is one of the best blogs out there — literally. You will get to hear a different old song every day. You can also choose random options to enjoy your music. Each pick will have a surprise song in store for you.
- 2. “2 sentence movie reviews”; this blog is all about movies. You can read great reviews and find out about the latest and upcoming movies.
- 3. If you enjoy your daily dose of celebrity gossip then you should see the Gossip Girl blog.
- 4. Some other blogs that can inspire you with your own content are:
- Dianna Agron’s – felldowntherabbithole
- Lady Gaga’s – AmenFashion
- Britney Spears – britneyspears
- Zooey Deschanel’s – zooeydeschanel
- Joe Jonas – FastLifeBlog
Is Tumblr for you? Let’s see
Do you dream of becoming famous by promoting yourself? Do you wish to have an online platform that allows you to write about and share things that are important to you? Or do you simply want to create a platform to promote and conduct your business?
If the answer for all these is “Yes” then Tumblr is for you.
Set up your own Tumblr!
Now the simplest way to set up a blog with Tumblr is at your disposal with the help of the following easy steps
- 1. Open Tumblr.com, and then you need to enter a valid email address in the box or the field that says username and create your password that will give you access to your account. After this, you must enter a web address that you prefer for your blog. Once you have done it then click the button that says “Start Posting”. The address of your blog can be changed later.
- 2. After you click “Start posting”, you will be asked to enter a captcha code and verify that you are a human. Fill it out and hit “I am human”.
- 3. After hitting “I am human” an email for verification will be sent to the email address you used to create your account. Go to your inbox and click on the link to verify and activate your blog.
- 4. Now after following the above steps your blog is ready. You can use and share it with the world.
- 5. Once your blog is ready you have to come up with a name for your blog and enter it. You should update your profile, add your profile picture and select a nice theme for your brand new blog.
- 6. You don’t have to worry about how your blog will look, you can design it later. You can customize the outlook of your blog or select a different theme.
Congratulation! Your Tumblr blog has been set up now and you can start blogging. Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy!