As bloggers and content creators, it’s extremely important for us to always provide as much value to our audience as possible. While the content that’s been created for our site usually serves as a way to provide such information to an audience on our website and to help our sites rank higher in the search results, it’s the actual leads that result from this content that the real monetization comes into play.
For most businesses, bloggers, and brands it’s all about getting someone onto your email list. In most cases, messages sent to these emails will be on content and information that often isn’t found on your site but also used to generate money for your business as well.
If you don’t have the necessary tools and performance tracking in place, you might not be getting the most out of your email marketing efforts. After all, how can you tell if your emails are working, if you can’t tell which are ending up in the spam folder or how to fix it?
Today we are going to look at seven different factors when trying to improve your email delivery and open rates, as provided by ZeroBounce — an email verification provider which is one of the leading email validation platforms on the internet today. Not only does their service only track where and how your emails are being delivered, they also provide the necessary tools, recommendations and services to make sure your emails are getting read in the process.
Focus on these 7 Areas of Email Marketing to Improve Open Rates and Deliverability
When it comes to sending an email out to your subscriber list, you want to be as authentic and legitimate as possible. This doesn’t mean just having a reply email address that works, it also means having a trusted brand behind that email address, who the real person is, and making sure spam filters also know the legitimacy of such emails.
Here are some of the best actionable tips to know and follow to improve your email delivery and open rates.
- Email Validation – One of the best ways to test if an email is good or bad, is to simply run it through ZeroBounce and let their performance tracking give you a full report. This is one of the best places to get started, as it will give you a clear understanding of what to change or be on the lookout for.
- Smart Domains – ZeroBounce also has an algorithm in place to make sure all email domain names are legitimate and authentic, thus making sure they are validated and won’t get triggered by spam filters. Just because your email address is coming from a domain name and not a free service, it doesn’t mean it’s always going to be trusted or has a clean history. Always check the parameters of your email domain being used.
- Abusive Accounts – The spam folder is one of the worst things an online marketer or site owner with a mailing list can deal with. The last thing you want is for your emails to be seen as spam or reported as such by subscribers on your list. ZeroBounce can help deliver your emails to those who actually want it, versus those who have a history to report spammy emails.
- Blacklisted Emails – Email marketing and list building companies are now smarter than ever and have been able to create universal blacklists of emails that I’ve been known to report or even take charges against emails they receive or consider spam. ZeroBounce provides such a list for their audiences, as a way to remove such subscribers from their list while also eliminating potential spam issues in the process.
- DoNotReply Emails – Don’t you hate it when you get an email that has a DoNotReply as the replying email address? Sure, we all do. Making sure you send out your emails with a real email address as the reply is a great way to improve open rates and not getting triggered by the spam filter. This will also help in gaining trust from your subscribers in the process.
- Free or Temporary Emails – Just like not having an authentic email address for your reply email, using a free or temporary email address provider can also cause damage to your list and open rates. Try to use a legitimate email that has your website name in the address. This is another method being used to gain trust from your audience.
- Untrusted Emails – As many factors as there are to validate an email address, sometimes you simply just can’t tell. In most cases, these emails will end up in the spam folder or being triggered as bad. ZeroBounce has a solution in place that gives subscribers one last chance to reevaluate their emails before getting triggered as a potentially bad one.
As you can see, when it comes to email marketing and delivering messages to your subscriber list, it’s extremely important to have all of your ducks in order.
Making sure your email address is authentic, under your company name and uses the site URL are going to help out in the immediate and long run. For all other methods and tactics, it’s always best to use an email validation solution like ZeroBounce, as they have the technology and years of experience in place.