If you are planning an email marketing strategy or trying to build your list for your blog, you need a plan on how to do this. Having an idea is the first step to anything significant. So make sure you spend some time planning your content. But what will you do to promote your thoughts once you get the ideas down? It’s important to understand that good blogs don’t just happen. It takes some preparation. We recommend making a list of great topics that you plan to address, all of which stay within the focus of your content. If you don’t spend some time planning, you may find your blog going off in several different directions. This can confuse your readers as to what your blog is really about, and it may result in fewer readers.
So how do you market or create your email marketing list to get more readers? What steps should you take to ensure that you will promote your blog in a way that will appeal to the people you need most?
The DIY Method of Email Marketing
Sure, you could do it yourself by brainstorming different ways to create your list such as offering a sign-up form on your main page to capture email addresses. You can do this by going to form-creation sites to create a simple form for this purpose. A simple two-step form that asks for a visitor’s name and email is sufficient to capture their email. This allows you to email them with any marketing materials or items that you want to sell to them. Just make sure you allow a way for them to “opt out,” as this is an FTC requirement.
If you don’t want to try to do this yourself, look into ConvertKit to discover what they offer. ConvertKit is a good option because it is a platform built by bloggers for bloggers. So you know that they understand what you need to make your blog successful. They include a variety of features that will allow you to build your email marketing list and other features that help you reach your goal as a blogger.
ConvertKit Primary Features
Below are some of the best features of ConvertKit that you may like when you are building your email list.
- Forms– Create any form you need right on their site and embed it into your blog quickly and easily. You can create easy opt-in forms that help you turn casual readers into repeat customers.
- Reporting– The only way you can know how your blog is faring with your target audience is to install a tracking element into your blog. You can do this by using the reporting feature that ConvertKit offers. Keep track of your growth on your blog by seeing which ones are converting and which are not. The dashboard also shows you subscriber data and opt-in stats.
- Automated emails– You can create your own automated emails based on rules that you designate ahead of time. The ConvertKit tools allow you to create emails that will go out anytime you want so that you don’t have to worry about putting out the important information when you need it most.
- Sequence-builder– Create personalized automated emails that will allow you to grow your email list while scaling your business.
- Subscriber list organization- Understanding your subscribers is one of the most important things you need to do to have success with your site or your blog. By building your list on ConvertKit, you can also use the list organization tools that allow you to organize your subscribers using tags and segments.
- Broadcasts- The broadcast feature of ConvertKit allows you to send your subscribers one-time broadcasts of your time-sensitive content. You can also use your RSS feed to alert your users of new information or additions to your blog. Use this features every time you create a post.
Easy Integrations with ConvertKit
Another big advantage to using the ConvertKit system to build your blog is that you can build a system that will let you integrate important aspects into your site that will help you grow your blog and business at a faster rate.
Whether you need to integrate your RSS feed, connect your WordPress site, create an online Shopify store that you want to link to your blog, or combine your Teachable instructional site within your blog, you can do it all with ConvertKit integrations. Check out all of the combinations by clicking the link above, and you’ll see that you can connect to virtually anything you need to from your blog.
Other features that make ConvertKit stand out when you are compiling and building your email marketing plan include:
- Reliable Support: Get the help you need anytime when you are working on your blog.
- Concierge migration: Migrate your email marketing system to ConvertKit easily.
- Slack Community: If you use Slack, you’ll be able to continue using it.
- Deliverability: The ease at which you can deliver you content will help you to succeed with your content on your blog and reach your essential audience.
- Text-based emails: Create textual content that appeals to your email subscribers.
The above features are great, too because you need to be able to get help when you need it, migrate your email marketing system to the ConvertKit system, connect with your Slack forums, and more. The ease of use and deliverability, along with the text-based emails that you can create with this system, you’ll enjoy the easy way that you can maximize your email marketing program.
It’s essential that you have a list-building and email marketing system that will work in the long run with robust features like ConvertKit offers.
We’ve given you a lot of reasons to like ConvertKit but if you need some more, check it out for yourself or even take it for a test drive to see what else you can do. We found ConvertKit to be a robust and complete list building and email marketing system that allows you to take your blog to another level.
The Beauty of Automation
Some bloggers don’t want to use automation because they think it will take away from the natural flow of the content. But actually, most automation systems don’t write your content for you. We don’t recommend any automated content generating systems since they do not accurately reflect the individuality of your content or site.
But using automation to schedule posts of your blog regularly will help you to ensure that you post regular content and that you are getting it in front of the people who are most likely to connect and engage with your brand.
How to Start a Blog
If you are just starting a blog or need some ideas on where to start, just start by brainstorming how you want your blog to look, then make a list of topics that you want to include in your blog. Think about how you plan to connect it to your site or whether your blog will be the focus of your site. You can start a blog on WordPress that is easily integrated with the ConvertKit site, and you’ll have an entire system that will work seamlessly together.
Creating a blog is the first step. But you will need to think about how you will promote it once you get it produced. Building a list for your email marketing campaign is an essential step in reaching your target audience. By using a tool like ConvertKit, you may be able to save quite a bit of time in doing this vital task to create and maintain your engagement.
Remember that engagement with your content is the most important thing when it comes to creating and maintaining a blog. What you say is important, but it’s equally important to promote it so that your target audience will find it and engage with it.
If you have not decided yet on a platform for your blog, start by signing up for a web hosting package. Right now, they are offering an introductory price of only $2.99 for a basic website. It includes compatibility and integration with WordPress with 24/7 support, a money-back guarantee, and over $150 in offers for other assets that will work seamlessly with your website or blog.
The key to success when building a blog is to create good content and then get people to come to your site to read it. But, unlike the “Field of Dreams” idea, you may have to do a little something to get them to come. Don’t expect it just to happen. Use the tools of ConvertKit to build your email marketing list after you sign up for a web hosting package with Bluehost. Together, these tools will help you launch your blog to the world!