Are you looking for the best way to remove all of your followers from Twitter? If you are, you’ve likely come across a lot of different results and methods for accomplishing this, but there are really only a handful that actually works. With more than two billion users spread across the major social networks, it can get quite over saturated and annoying to try and see updates from only people you really care about.
This is something I also recently wanted to accomplish, so I ended up trying a bunch of different methods only to find a select few that actually worked. There are plenty of free methods for removing followers from your account, but most of them will actually take time if you are already following several thousands of users.
To help with this process, I’ve laid out what method has worked best for myself while also mentioning a few other of the top ranking methods used today.
Here’s what currently worked on my Twitter account:
- Head over to your Twitter account
- Go to your “Followers” tab
- Scroll down as much as possible to load as many followers as you can
- Right mouse click and go to “Inspect” (using Chrome)
- Click the console tab
- Then end “$(‘.button-text.unfollow-text’).trigger(‘click’)”
- Then click ENTER
This will then unfollow all of the Twitter accounts on your screen at the time. If you currently are following several thousands of users, you will likely have to go through this method several times over, as Twitter may not allow you to load too many followed accounts at one time.
Other Methods to Unfollower Accounts on Twitter
- Circlebloom – If your goals are to manage all of your social media accounts and then find the right accounts and profiles to follow, Circlebloom is a platform and service you should consider. Through the use of smart and tag searches, users of this tool can find new profiles to follow based on their bio, tweets, trends and more. In addition to the many powerful tools offered through Circlebloom, the options are also there for creating custom lists on Twitter, which further improve the chances for finding the best accounts, friends and followers on social media.
- ManageFlitter – Of all the Twitter management tools online (for following/unfollowing and more), ManageFlitter has actually become quite useful. The option is there to also create free accounts, which come with daily limited. If you are going to manually remove/add followers, ManageFlitter does this in a way where you can simply click multiple times in the same location and see a rapid pace of follow/unfollow happening. I recommend you take a look at what this platform has to offer.
- CrowdFire JustUnfollow – This service used to be a really good tool for gaining new followers and removing followers from Twitter in bulk amounts and at a pretty fast speed. Some people still find it useful, but after Twitter had them make a bunch of changes to their service, it’s now more of a manual and one-click to unfollow/follow one account process. Unfortunately this now just takes more time than it’s worth.
- Twitter Unfollow All – Through this Chrome extension, users can unfollow a bulk amount of their Twitter followers in just a few clicks. This application currently has 38 reviews with an average of 4.5/5, but it also hasn’t been updated since 2015. I have not tried this one out yet.
- Twitter Follower – Of the many different Chrome extensions available, this one ‘was’ the most popular and effective. However, recent reviews on this application show that it is now no longer working. It was one of the better ones, so it might be worth keeping an eye on to see if it updates with a fixed version of the software.
Let me know if you come across any better working methods for unfollowing Twitter followers in mass or bulk amounts and I will be sure to add them to the list.