Blogging began in 2003 with a personal blog. Slowly, but surely, it caught on, and more people started using it to put their face and their information out to the web. Not everyone wants to share this much with the world, but most blogs allow you to control the privacy settings, so you can determine how much you want to share.
The word “blog” means “web log” so it is a log of information and documentation that is kept online. Blogging works as a PR tool and branding technique because it appeals to people on a personal level.
Many businesses use blogs today to promote their brand, ideas, and products. But it is also still a great tool to use to promote your ideas or private life if you choose to do so. A perfect example of this can be seen through the Rory Feek blog, which highlights the “scenes from one man’s extraordinary, ordinary life”. Not only is the blog a great example to follow if you wanted to start a blog of your own, it’s also one of the most accessed personal blogs on the internet as well. Each post on the site focuses on a different update or event going on in the life of Rory Fleek.
Rory Feek Blog (This Life I Live) Reviewed
The Rory Feek Blog is an example of a personal blog that uses video and blog writing to share his life with the world. If you look at the sections of his blog, some things stand out.
1. Great domain name – One of the first things that stands out on the Rory Feek Blog is his domain name. It is “thislifeilive.com,” which is an excellent choice for a personal blog. It’s important to choose a domain name that people will remember and that you can easily communicate to other people in writing and verbally. You may have to settle for a lesser domain name at first. But you should make it your goal to eventually get a better domain name that will get the attention of your audience.
2. Use of video and artistic accomplishments – Rory Feek is a talented writer and musician. He has written eBooks, written and recorded songs, and used his creative talents in some different ways. His wife’s name is Joey Feek, and she was also a recording artist. He promotes both himself and his wife on his blog. One of the things that make his blog so attractive is his use of media such as video and audio, links to eBooks, and other digital media. The blog is also used to bring awareness to cancer, which ultimately took the life of his wife Rory just a little over a year ago. After the unfortunate passing of his wife, Rory decided to take some time off from his music career, then decided to come back once again to help bring awareness and charitable donations to Music Health Alliance Foundation.
3. Ebook promotions – Another thing Rory uses his blog for is the promotion of his books. You can check out the post about one of his eBooks entitled This Life I Live. He also wrote a soft cover edition to the book, as well as an audiobook version. His blog tells all about this experience.
4. Family life – A large part of Rory Feek’s blog is his family life. It is easy to see that he cherishes his wife and family, as well as his extended family in the tribute to his “3 mothers” section of his blog. You can follow through the story the Rory shares about three other mothers he was inspired by in this touching story and how much he appreciates his mother and others who have had such an impact on his life.
5. Special announcements – Rory has always used his blog to talk about special announcements such as the birth of a new baby, an appearance at a concert, or other special events. When you read Rory Feek’s blog, you feel that you are getting to know him on a personal level. And that is what a personal blog is for.
You will notice, though, that he also uses his blog to generate sales on his merchandise. He has links to his videos as well as a store link where you can purchase Rory Feek merchandise through his online store.
Analyzing the Look and Feel of the Rory Feek Blog
When we take a look at the Rory Feek blog, the first thing you will likely notice is that it looks like it’s running off a WordPress CMS and theme. However, after running the site URL through What WordPress Theme is That, it comes back with the response that the site is not running off WordPress at all. This is quite surprising, as WordPress is the most popular CMS and blogging platform out there.
It’s not until you take a look at the source code of the site that you will find that it was actually created and hosted through squarespace.com. There are many ways to create a website or blog, and while Square Space is a popular and great solution, we still recommend setting up your own web hosting, registering a domain name and installing a free version of WordPress to run your site.
How to Start a Personal Blog of Your Own
If you want to start a personal blog, you can do this by signing up at WordPress.org or creating a web hosting account of your own with Bluehost — who will also give you a free domain name at the time of sign up. WordPress is one of the most popular online blogging platforms that are available today to place your blog with. To start using WordPress, all you need to do is download the free software and install it onto your existing web hosting server. If this sounds a bit confusing, don’t worry — it’s extremely easy.If you decide to create an account with Bluehost, they have a one-click WordPress installation process… which means you won’t need to download or install anything.Whether you are a personal blogger just wanting to share your life with others or a musician wanting to use your blog to promote your brand, you can create a personal blog quickly and easily on WordPress.
If you decide to create an account with Bluehost, they have a one-click WordPress installation process… which means you won’t need to download or install anything.Whether you are a personal blogger just wanting to share your life with others or a musician wanting to use your blog to promote your brand, you can create a personal blog quickly and easily on WordPress.
Whether you are a personal blogger just wanting to share your life with others or a musician wanting to use your blog to promote your brand, you can create a personal blog quickly and easily on WordPress. If you are excited at the thought of creating a personal blog of your own but have no idea where to start, simply refer to our 3-step blogging guide that will walk you through the process step-by-step (with visuals).
If you are an artist like Rory Feek, you can put your music and videos or links to your books on your blog. Provide links straight to your eBooks or audiobooks to make direct sales that way. If you are not an artist, you can still share whatever it is you are doing with the world via your WordPress or another blog platform.
Why Do People Like WordPress?
WordPress is a popular blogging platform because it is easy to use and install. Unlike many blogging platforms, you have to download the software and install the plugin on your website. But this step only takes awhile to do. Once you have completed this step, you can sign into your WP site anytime and make changes to your site.
There is also a mobile app for WordPress so you will be able to make changes on your mobile devices, as well. Having it on your mobile device will allow you to have constant access to your site if you need to make quick changes.
Benefits of a Personal Blog
Musicians like Rory Feek benefit from having a personal blog because they can share their journey and career with their adoring fans as they progress. Additionally, they can include media such as sample demos or other materials that help fans know the kind of music you record to introduce them to your material. To learn more about Rory and what’s going on in his life, you can also follow him on social media, where he has millions of followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. As a blogger, these are all social platforms that you can also use to reach new audiences and share your story in the process.
Anyone Can Do It
You don’t have to be a musician, writer, or artist, though to have a personal blog. Whether you are a 16-year-old high school student or a well-established business owner, creating a blog is essential to improving your credibility and relationships with your target audience.
You can get started with a blog anytime by installing the WordPress software and creating your blog. So do a little homework and take some notes on the Rory Feek blog. Then get inspired to start your blog today. You’ll be glad you did.