Starting a blog is just the beginning of the mission for most bloggers. The next step is to build up your content, traffic to your site and eventually your authority and monetizing the blog. The good news is that there are plenty of ways for you to start monetizing your blog content and these methods can be used across a wide range of niche markets. I’ve listed some of the most common and successful ways for you to venture into the world of profitable blogging.
- Affiliate programs. Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to monetize your blog because you will be paid to promote the products of other people or company. As an affiliate, your job is to find out the problems of your visitors and the information they want to know and to provide them such information in your blog. You can add an affiliate link in your content to products that will provide readers with more detailed information on the solution of their problems. Anyone that ends up making a purchase or performing a lead through your site will end up earning you a commission. This amount or action will vary from program to program.
- Promote cost-per-action offers. CPA is a form of compensation in which you are paid every time a user will complete a certain action like entering an email address, taking a survey or filling out a form. This concept is the same thing as affiliate marketing but it is relatively easier for newbies because you need not to sell something to make money.
- Market your own products. Creating your own products or ebooks to sell is one of the best ways to make money through a blog. If you have knowledge on a certain topic, you can share to your readers your expertise by creating electronic products like software, e-books and memberships. This is one of the best ways to make money as you will earn all of the revenue since you are splitting commissions or payments with other advertisers and merchants.
- Sell services. If you have skills in web design, article writing or accounting, you can inform your readers about this and promote your services. There is actually a huge demand for these skills. The most important thing is to know where and how to promote your blog.
- Sell an advertising space. You can make money for placing advertisements on your site without the need to use an ad network. Inform your visitors that you accept ads and decide how much they will be charged for it for a month or a year.
- Write reviews. By reviewing the product of other people or business on your blog, you will be paid by them for that. It can be a product or service that is related to your niche. However, you should not review bad products or your readers will know about it later on and you will lose your credibility.
- Membership sites. If you write high quality blogs but do not want to offer it for free, you can make a membership site and have the content available for a fee. There are many tools you can use online to set it up easily.
- Update frequently. Though some content may be timeless, readers lose interest quickly if they have seen that your blog is not often refreshed with new content. It would be helpful to publicize the frequency of updating your blog and consider a subscriber email to notify readers every time there is new content.
- Ads on images. By publishing content with images, image ads can be very profitable for you. You can earn decent amount of money if you show this type of ads on your blog.
- Sponsored links. These are a great way to make money from your blog. To increase your profit, you should join text link advertising networks.
Blogging is one of the best ways to grow your business and brand online. In the beginning you are going to want to focus on the quality of your content and becoming a resource for others to learn from. Once you have the trust and readership of your readers, then you can start thinking about monetizing your blog.