Changing your name on Facebook is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few simple steps. Whether you want to change your name due to a legal name change, a marriage, or simply because you want to go by a different name, Facebook allows you to do so. In this article, we will guide you through the steps of how to change your name on Facebook.
To change your name on Facebook, you will need to log in to your account and navigate to the settings section. From there, you can access the name section and make the necessary changes. Facebook has certain guidelines in place for changing your name, and you will need to ensure that your new name meets these guidelines before submitting your request. We will provide you with all the information you need to know to ensure a seamless name change process on Facebook.
Whether you are changing your name for personal or professional reasons, Facebook makes it easy to update your profile with your new name. By following the steps we outline in this article, you can ensure that your Facebook account accurately reflects your new name.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook on a Computer
If you want to change your name on Facebook, you can do so by following these simple steps on a computer.
- Log in to your Facebook account on a computer using your username and password.
- Click on the down arrow at the top right corner of the screen to open the dropdown menu.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” and then click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Name” and enter your new name in the “First” and “Last” name fields.
- If you want to add a nickname or other name, you can do so in the “Alternate name” field.
- Click on “Review Change” to see how your name will appear on Facebook.
- Enter your password in the “Password” field to save your changes.
- Click on “Save Changes” to finalize your new name.
It’s important to note that Facebook has certain name standards and limits that you must follow when changing your name. Your name must be your real name, and you can only change it every 60 days. If your name doesn’t meet Facebook’s naming policy, you may be asked to provide ID to confirm your name.
Additionally, Facebook allows you to add other names to your account, such as a maiden name or a nickname. You can do this by clicking on “Add Other Names” under the “Name” section.
When editing your name on Facebook, make sure to review your changes before saving them. Once you save your changes, your new name will be visible to your friends and followers on Facebook.
Overall, changing your name on Facebook is a simple process that can be done on a computer through your browser. Just make sure to follow Facebook’s naming policy and review your changes before saving them.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook on Mobile Devices
Changing your name on Facebook using a mobile device is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few simple steps. Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or Android device, you can easily change your name on the Facebook app or mobile browser.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device or log in to Facebook using your mobile browser.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Personal Information.”
- Tap on “Name.”
- Enter your new first and last name in the provided fields.
- Tap on “Review Change.”
- Enter your Facebook password to confirm the change.
- Tap on “Save Changes.”
It’s important to note that Facebook only allows you to change your name every 60 days, so make sure you’re happy with your new name before you save the changes. Additionally, if you’re having trouble changing your name, you can fill out a form to let Facebook know.
The Simple Process of Changing Your Name on Facebook
Overall, changing your name on Facebook using a mobile device is a quick and easy process that can be completed in just a few minutes. Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or Android device, you can easily update your birth name or last name by following the simple steps outlined above.