If you’ve been on the internet for any time at all, you already know what a Gmail account is. Google pretty much dominates the internet for most practical purposes, so most business people (and everyone else) has a Gmail account, even if it’s only to use as a secondary address. Google and their Gmail account service are actually so effective and easy to use, that many bloggers and site owners will use their platform over setting up a custom email address with their site domain. Another option is to create a business account where you can still use the Gmail platform, but setup your own domain name for your custom email address.
Gmail.com is where you can start if you don’t yet have a Gmail email address. That is also where you will find a drop-down menu of all of Google’s services that you can sign up for including YouTube, Google Drive, Calendar, and many other tools. The great thing about having a Gmail account is that you only have to sign into your Gmail account and you’ll automatically have access to all of the other Google tools.
What’s the difference between Gmail.com and Googleemail.com?
There is some confusion on Google Email since there is also the term “Google Email” floating around. But as you can see from this Wiki entry, there is no difference between Gmail and Google Email. It just depends on which country you are located in.
Some countries such as Germany and the U.K. require you to get a “googlemail.com” domain email rather than a gmail.com address. But it comes from the same source: Google Mail.
However, in simple terms, we can break it down like this:
Gmail.com is a free email service that is provided by Google. It has over 425 million users as of 2012. Gmail offers features such as: labeling, chat, video chat, and more. You can also access Gmail offline.
Googleemail.com, on the other hand, is not a free email service. It is a paid email service that costs $5 per month. Googleemail.com offers features such as: priority customer support, custom domain names, and more storage space.
So, which one should you use? If you want a free email service, then Gmail.com is the way to go. However, if you are willing to pay for an email service, then Googleemail.com is a better option.
11 Steps on How to Create a Google Email Account
To register for a Google email account, follow these steps.
Gmail is one of the most popular email providers in the world, and for good reason. Not only is it packed with features, but it’s also free to use.
Creating a Gmail account is easy, and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
- 1. Go to the Gmail website (www.gmail.com).
- 2. Click on the “Create an account” link.
- 3. Enter your personal information into the required fields. This includes your name, date of birth, gender, and location.
- 4. Choose a username for your account. This will be your new email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 5. Create a strong password for your account, and then confirm it.
- 6. Enter a recovery email address. This will be used if you ever forget your password or need to reset your account.
- 7. Enter a phone number (optional). This can be used to recover your account if you lose access to your recovery email address.
- 8. Select your country code from the drop-down menu.
- 10. Click on the “Next step” button.
- 11. You will now be taken to your inbox where you can start using Gmail!
Now that you know how to create a Gmail account, why not try it out? It’s the perfect way to keep your personal and professional email separate, and you’ll never have to worry about running out of storage space. Plus, with all of Gmail’s great features, you’re sure to be more productive than ever before!
Gmail.com vs. Googleemail.com Deliverability
One note to remember about the Gmail.com vs. Googleemail.com addresses is the fact that sending an email to someone at gmail.com will get to their googleemail.com address as well as to a gmail.com address, provided the user name is correct.
The reason Google provided the Googleemail.com accounts to people in other countries is due to a legal issue in which Google had to agree not to register Gmail addresses under Googleemail.com, or vice-versa.
Why Have a Gmail Address?
Some WordPress users or others who already have an email address wonder why they should get an email address from Google. The reason is that Google has so many great tools that you can use, and the way Google has set up everything to work seamlessly together is a big plus for business owners.
Simply by having a Gmail or Google email account, you have automatic access to your YouTube account, Google Drive, and many other needed tools that you can use online to help further your business goals.
Google Calendar, alone, is an instrument that is well worth getting an account for. So follow our easy instructions in this post to create your account to get started with Gmail today.
Don’t forget to check out Google Analytics and Google AdSense, as well, which you automatically get as a plus when you get a Gmail account. Please note, however, that you must sign up for these separately once you get a Gmail account. It’s simple and easy and you can learn more about that here.
You can get a Google Adsense account through YouTube to monetize your videos or through the main Google Adsense site.
Interesting and Fun Facts About Google Email Gmail
1. Google email, also known as Gmail, is one of the most popular email providers in the world.
2. Gmail has over 1.5 billion users worldwide.
3. Gmail offers a variety of features that make it a great choice for both personal and business use, including: unlimited storage, threaded conversations, labels and filters, and search.
4. One of the coolest things about Gmail is that you can customise your inbox to suit your needs. For example, you can choose to display unread messages first, or organise your messages by topic.
5. You can also use Gmail offline, which is handy if you’re travelling or have spotty internet access.
6. Gmail is available in over 70 languages, making it a great choice for users all over the world.
7. Gmail is constantly evolving, with new features being added all the time. For example, Google recently introduced its new ‘Confidential Mode’, which allows users to send messages that expire after a certain amount of time.
8. Gmail is one of the most secure email providers around, thanks to its robust security features such as two-factor authentication and spam filtering.
9. You can access Gmail on any device, including your computer, smartphone, and tablet.
10. Did you know that you can also use Gmail to make phone calls? All you need is a microphone and an internet connection.
So there you have it – 10 facts about Google email that you may not have known. Whether you use Gmail for personal or business purposes, we hope you found this article helpful.
Date launched: April 1, 2004
Available in: 105 languages
Content license: Proprietary