Jeff Bezos was born in Miami, Florida, where he grew up as a teenager and would eventually become one of the richest individuals in the world as the founder of Amazon. His parents divorced when he was still a small child. His mother remarried when he was just four years old, and he was adopted by his father, Miguel. As a teenager, Jeff Bezos worked in the summers at McDonald’s. Later, he went to college at Princeton, where he was the youngest vice president at D.E. Shaw.
The first business Jeff Bezos started was selling books online. While the company is still known for selling books online, it has expanded to sell many different types of products. The company was founded on July 5, 1994 in Washington, D.C. Bezos’ mother, a teenager, had already married Ted Jorgenson. After the couple had their first child, they immigrated to the U.S., where Jeff was adopted legally. After the marriage, he worked on Wall Street and built an international trading network for Fitel, which later became Bankers Trust.
During his early days on Wall Street, Jeff Bezos demonstrated his interest in science and technology, inventing a hovercraft, a solar cooker, and a robot. He even invented an electric alarm for his room to keep his siblings from entering his bedroom. Despite these early successes, his relationship with Mackenzie Tuttle is not without drama. Their divorce was announced on January 9, 2019.
Jeff Bezos Age, Height and Bio
We have up-to-date and accurate information about your favorite social media influencers and movie stars. Here are some of the most interesting facts about Jeff Bezos’s life you should know about.
How old is Jeff Bezos and where was he born ?
Born: January 12, 1964, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
How much is Jeff Bezos worth?
Net worth: $133 Billion
Who is Jeff Bezos married to?
MacKenzie Scott (m. 1993–2019)
How many children does Jeff Bezos have?
What is the height and weight of Jeff Bezos?
Height 5′ 8″, Weight 154 lbs
The Life and Career of Jeff Bezos Video
Fun Facts About Jeff Bezos
1. He was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico on January 12, 1964.
2. His mother’s name is Jacklyn Gise Jorgensen and his father’s name is Ted Jorgensen.
3. He has two siblings, Mark and Christina.
4. He graduated from Princeton University with a degree in electrical engineering and computer science.
5. He worked on Wall Street for D. E. Shaw & Co before quitting to start Amazon in 1994.
6. He married MacKenzie Tuttle in 1993. They have four children together.
7. In 2013, he purchased The Washington Post for $250 million.
8. He is an accomplished pilot and owns his own aircraft company, Blue Origin.
9. He has a net worth of $131 billion, making him the richest person in modern history.
10. He is known for being a visionary and innovative thinker.
Jeff Bezos Quotes on Life
Jeff Bezos is one of the most successful philanthropists. He started from the bottom and currently ranks among the top 5 richest individuals in the world. His dedication towards his work and his business-oriented mindset inspire many. Here are some of the famous quotes on life by Jeff Bezos.
- “If you double the number of experiments you do per year you’re going to double your inventiveness.
- “One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.”
- “Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.”
- “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
- “Your margin is my opportunity.”
- “The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you. It just works..”
Follow Jeff Bezos on Instagram.
Jeff Bezos Net Worth – $133 Billion USD
Jeff Bezos is an investor, media properties and chairman, ex-president, and founder of Amazon. Amazon is one of the most profitable companies in the world. Besides this, Jeff Bezos owns some luxurious cars an,d villas, which all add to his total net worth.
Looking for more celebrity net worth, quotes and bios
We keep updating our data to provide the latest information about your favorite celebrities and social media influencers. If you are looking to find interesting facts and the net worth of celebrities, you can find all the information here on celebrity net worth sites.
Jeff Bezos FAQ
Is Jeff Bezos still the richest man in the world?
He was the company’s founder, executive chairman, and previous president and CEO. According to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index and Forbes, Bezos had a net worth of over US$139 billion as of October 2022 and was the richest person in the world from 2017 to 2021.
How much does Jeff Bezos make in a day?
With a net worth of $197 billion in 2021, Jeff Bezos made nearly $250 million every day, or $1.75 billion per week.
Where did Bezos get his money?
On July 5, 1994, Jeff Bezos launched Amazon, which has contributed significantly to his riches. Bezos’ parents reportedly couldn’t believe that he would give up a lucrative job on Wall Street to sell books online.
What is Jeff Bezos’s degree?
Early in his youth, he worked on the ranch owned by his maternal grandparents in Cotulla, Texas. His parents were 17 and 18 years old at the time of his birth. In 1986, he earned degrees in electrical engineering and computer science from Princeton University.
Who is richer, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk?
Elon Musk is the richest person in the world as of 2022, with a staggering net worth of $219 billion. He passed Amazon founder Jeff Bezos at the top of the list in 2022 after moving up from second place in 2021.
Jeff Bezos Wiki
Born: January 12, 1964, Albuquerque, NM
Net worth: 136 billion USD (2022) Forbes
Spouse: MacKenzie Scott (m. 1993–2019)
Children: Preston Bezos
Height: 5′ 7″
Parents: Ted Jorgensen, Miguel Bezos, Jacklyn Bezos
Education: Princeton University (1982–1986), Miami Palmetto Senior High School (1982), River Oaks Elementary School