The Melyssa Griffin Blog is a blog created and maintained by Melyssa Griffin, a self-made entrepreneur. She has created the blog to address issues that entrepreneurs care about such as time management, organizing your workspace, and many other problems. In addition to creating quite the successful blogger brand for herself, she’s also been able to make a lot of money along the way.
Similar to what we have seen with other bloggers like John Chow and Darren Rowse, Melyssa has focused her efforts on growing her own businesses through several marketing methods, then launched follow up courses and membership sites to teach others these same methods.
What Melyssa Offers on her Blog
When you go to her site, you’ll see a variety of resources for entrepreneurs such as online courses that can help you improve your entrepreneur knowledge, entrepreneur tips, eBooks, podcasts, and much more. We’ll take a look at all of these assets on this post so you’ll have an idea of what to expect on her site before you visit.
Online Courses by Melyssa
Melyssa helps entrepreneurs to reach their goals in skyrocketing their income and growing their audience. She has a wealth of information that can help growing entrepreneurs to reach their financial goals and she shows you how you can do this in her online course offerings. Some of Melyssa’s featured courses are listed below.
- List surge– Melyssa uses this course to show entrepreneurs how to receive up to 1,000 new email subscribers in 90 days.
- Pinfinite growth– In this course, you’ll learn how to grow your traffic and email list with Pinterest.
- Social media superhero– This course will teach you how to grow your community and authority on social media.
These three courses created by Melyssa Griffin are great ways to improve your knowledge base in running your business and enhancing your reach for your brand check them out to see how they might help you.
Griffin uses a lot of podcast material to get her message out, as well. Her Pursuit with Purpose podcast features some great ideas on how to continue to grow your business and find a way to organize what you do, as well as many other topics.
She often has special guests on her program that give additional information in their area of expertise. This adds to the other valuable information that she offers through her own experience and knowledge by using social influencers to get the message across.
Another value of the Melyssa Griffin Blog is that you can download free resources to help your business. You have to sign up for these free resources, but once you are a member, you will have access to eBooks and a variety of other resources such as downloadable worksheets, and other resources.
About Melyssa’s Blog
If you check out Melyssa’s blog in the “About” section, you’ll see that she has the kind of attitude that helps entrepreneurs and other businesses grow. By sharing her enthusiasm and success with other entrepreneurs, she shows them how to take whatever you are passionate about to make it a success in business.
She has over 200,000 subscribers who come back to her site to get information about how to grow their business, and she encourages others to join so that they, too will be able to learn what she has to teach.
Overall Opinion of the Blog
This is a streamlined entrepreneur blog by Melyssa Griffin that offers a lot of valuable information for the startup or business owner who is just starting to create their brand. There are a lot of great aspects of the blog including the podcasts, free eBooks, and other information that may help business owners to grow their brand.
One of the best aspects of the blog is the personality of Melyssa and how her enthusiasm and charisma helps communicate the possibility of success.
Blog Business Plan Workbook
Melyssa offers another valuable resource on the right margin of her site. It is a blog business plan workbook that features a 20+ page eBook about how to plan your business blog so that you can increase your reach and skyrocket your own business. There are tons of great tips that Melyssa offers within this eBook, and it is an excellent addition to the many other resources she offers on her site.
To receive the 20+ page business blog, you have to sign up for it on her site and add your name to her mailing list. Then you will receive confirmation of joining her membership service, and you can get in on the many resources she offers.
Why start an entrepreneur blog?
As you browse through Melyssa Griffin’s blog, ask yourself what the value of a blog is. Why should you have a business blog, to begin with? Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Helps you to expand your reach to your target audience
- Helps improve your level of credibility
- Gives you an online presence to your audience
- Lets you use media and other resources to get your content out to a larger audience
- Increases customer engagement through comments and other means
How to Start an Entrepreneur Blog
If you want to start a blog as Melyssa has done for your business, you’ll need to consider a few things such as:
- Whether to create the blog onsite or offsite
- Whether to include blog posts only or multimedia
- How to integrate it into your social media network
- What to include as digital resources for your clients
- How to put it all together in an organized fashion
The most important thing to remember throughout the blogging process is to make sure you stick with it and focus on your content promotion efforts. This is where many bloggers go wrong and give up too easily.
Steps to Starting your own Entrepreneur Blog
If you want to start your blog, you can learn a lot from what Melyssa Griffin has done with her blog first. Then think about the components that you want to include on your blog and write them down. One example of the components to include are listed below:
- Social media links
- Blog content
- Podcasts and videos
- Contact information
- To start your blog, try following these steps first.
1. Brainstorm and make a list of things you want to include.
2. Divide the sections of your blog out on paper first before you try to create your blog site. Decide which parts you should include making the most impact on your target audience.
3. Consider your priorities and think about what is the most important. Are you going to include podcasts, videos, and other types of media? If so, you need to take the time to create this additional content that you are going to include on your blog.
4. Design a plan of action on marketing and how you will get your followers. This should include links to all of your social media as Melyssa has done, in addition to a plan for bringing in new clients and readers on a regular basis. Generating leads is one of the key reasons you should start a blog in the first place. No matter what type of business you are running, you will always need to generate new leads for new business.
5. Take one of Melyssa’s courses to see if you have included all of the essential components of a successful online blog. It’s not that she has all of the answers, but if you consider the fact that she has over 200,000 members currently, that tells you that she is doing something right and she has figured out what can make a blog successful. So using her resources as a reference will help you to create a blog that will drive more traffic to your blog.
The Goal of a Successful Blog
The goal of a successful blog should be to create a resource that people are going to come back to time and time again. It’s not just to get views one time but rather to increase your return visits. Make sure you have a good metrics measurement tool such as Kissmetrics or Google Analytics. These tools will help you to keep track of how well your blog is doing so that you can measure your progress as you go and make adjustments accordingly.
Melyssa’s Social Media Profiles
One of the best aspects of Melyssa’s blog is that she has included her social media links at the bottom of her blog page. Go to the main page at melyssagriffin.com and scroll all the way down the page to see the social media links. Anyone can do this with their own social media links by simply placing the links on the bottom of their blog once you get everything set up.
Let’s take a look at Melyssa’s social media profiles, too.
Melyssa’s Twitter content offers links to some of her blog content such as how to repurpose blog content and other suggestions on how you can improve your content that you offer on your site.
Melyssa’s Instagram account shows pictures of herself and her husband, as well as other moments that she chose to share on her Instagram account to help her followers to reach their goals.
Melyssa’s Facebook serves as yet another great resource for her fans and followers. She offers some additional resources for her fans on her Facebook page and encourages her followers to follow her blog.
Melyssa has made good use of social media to promote her blog and her other digital assets further. Her podcast includes some social influencers for her blog that help increase the credibility of her blog while giving her other channels to promote her ideas.
Melyssa has also made it obvious that she is in the business of helping other entrepreneurs like herself to increase their profit and success level. This has helped her to gain many more followers than she would get if she were only selling products to benefit her own business.
This type of helping approach is highly successful with today’s online readers, and you can create your blog in a similar manner that can help you to gain the interest of many more followers and people just by being a resource that is helpful to them.
Getting Started on Your Own Blog
Well, now that you have seen how Melyssa has created her blog to create her success, as well as helping others to find more success as an entrepreneur, perhaps you are ready to get started with your entrepreneur blog.
By putting your entrepreneur blog up for the world to see, you are taking an important step in projecting your professional business and image to your public while providing value to your target audience. So go back to Melyssa’s site and analyze it based on some of the points we’ve brought out and then get started right away building your blog!
What do you have to lose?
People expect business owners to have a public presence online to find out more about who they are doing business with. By creating an original blog for your brand, you will be able to increase your impact with your audience, encourage social engagement with all of your social media channels, and improve the credibility of your brand and your name.
By the way, did you notice that Melyssa used her name for her brand? This is a great way to differentiate yourself from your competition in your niche area and create a blog that no one else can copy. No one else has your name. If they do, chances are you can still get a domain with your name using one of the many new domain types that are now available online.
Look into this when starting your blog and go back to Melyssa’s site often to learn more about how you can use your blog to create success for yourself and your brand.
Entrepreneurs are people who think for themselves. They are creative, smart, and innovative. Show off your artistic spirit by starting your entrepreneur blog, using Melyssa’s success as a model. But remember, be yourself! Being original is the only way to true success.