Sara Blakely was born in 1971 in Clearwater, Florida. She is the founder and owner of Spanx, a multimillion-dollar shapewear company. She’s also a “shark” on the hit TV show Shark Tank, where she invests in up-and-coming businesses.
Blakely’s father was a trial attorney and her mother was a housewife. She has two older sisters.
Blakely was a cheerleader in high school and attended Florida State University. After college, she worked for several years in sales before starting Spanx in 2000.
Spanx is best known for its body-shaping undergarments, which have become a staple for many women. The company has since expanded into other areas, such as swimwear, activewear, and menswear.
Blakely is one of the most successful self-made female billionaires in the world. She has been featured on Forbes’ list of the world’s 100 most powerful women.
In 2012, she was named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world.
Blakely is an active philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to charitable causes. She is also a vocal advocate for empowering women and girls.
Sara Blakely is a successful businesswoman and philanthropist who has made a lasting impact on the world.
Interesting Facts About Sara Blakely
2. She is the youngest of four children.
3. She attended college at Pennsylvania State University, where she studied communications and arts.
4. After graduating from college, she worked for several years as a salesperson for office supplies before starting Spanx in 2000.
5. The idea for Spanx came to her when she was trying to find something to wear under white pants that wouldn’t show panty lines.
6. Spanx now offers a wide range of shapewear and other products for women, men, and children.
7. Sara Blakely is a billionaire; she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in the world.
8. In 2012, she was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
9. In 2015, she launched a new venture called The Belly Button Band, which makes bands to wear around your waist during pregnancy.
10. She is an active philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to charitable causes over the years.
Follow Sara Blakely on Instagram.
Sara Blakey Net Worth
Sara Blakely is an American businesswoman and billionaire. She is the founder of Spanx, a privately held apparel company based in Atlanta, Georgia. As of March 2018, she has an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion. You may have also seen Sara while she was a “shark” on Shark Tank.
Spanx has been incredibly successful, and Blakely’s personal wealth has skyrocketed as a result. In 2012, she was named the 85th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes magazine. As of 2018, she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in the world.
Sara Blakely FAQ
At what age did Sara Blakely become a billionaire?
Blakely was named Forbes’ youngest self-made billionaire in 2012. Her net worth is now an amazing $1.2 billion at age 50 thanks to a significant agreement with the massive private equity firm Blackstone.
How much did Sara Blakely get for Spanx?
Her personal resources of $5,000 were used to launch the company, which has since grown to a $1.2 billion enterprise. Blakely’s net worth surpassed $1 billion when she sold a majority stake in Spanx to Blackstone in October 2021.
How did Sara Blakely get Spanx?
When Sara Blakely, the founder of SPANX, was getting ready for a party, she discovered she didn’t have the proper undergarment to give her white jeans a smooth appearance. She started the SPANX revolution when she used scissors and pure brilliance to cut the feet off her control top pantyhose.
What type of entrepreneur is Sara Blakely?
An American businesswoman and inventor who founded the body-slimming underwear company Spanx and, in 2012, became the world’s youngest female self-made millionaire.