Welcome to Blogging.org, we are currently working on something pretty amazing and this new site will be fully functional in the coming days.
Please check back soon as you will be able to sign up for a free account to access all of our free wordpress and blog training videos, courses and forum.
If you would like to learn more about starting a blog of your own, please refer to my ongoing “7 Days of Blogging” guide and view our guide recap below.
How to Start a Blog in 2014 – Quick Guide
Below you will find a short summarized list of what you will need in order to start your first blog. The process is quite simple and we will have full video tutorials to walk you through the process shortly.
- Domain – The domain name is the physical address of your blog and how people will access your site. When choosing a domain name, I recommend that you stick with a “.com” name unless you come across a very valuable and generic name like with did with “blogging.org”. Also be sure to stay away from numbers and dashes in your domain name.
- Web Hosting – In order to upload content and images to the internet for everyone to see, you will need a web hosting server. You can click on the banner to the right to get setup with BlueHost for as low as $4.95 a month.
- Content – The content on your site is what’s going to make people want to visit your site in the first place. If you can create content that provides value and helps solve problems, you will get more traffic, social shares and links back to your site.
- WordPress Theme – A custom or premium WordPress theme is a great way to make your blog stand out from the crowd. A custom theme can cost thousands of dollars but a premium theme that you can fully customize will run around $29-$79 each.
- WordPress Plugins – While the content and theme of your site is what most people will visually see on your site, the plugins are where the magic happens. Through the use of WordPress plugins you can create forms, share links and buttons to your social networks, create newsletter popup forms and much more.
What To Do After You Start a Blog
Once you get setup with your domain name and hosting, your WordPress blog can be setup in a manner of clicks. If you need help with this process, just shoot me an email and I can set it up for you. Below I have made a list of some of the first things you should stink about once your blog is live.
- Logo – Depending on the niche and direction you want to take your site, it might be a good idea for you to get a logo or mascot design for your site. This is what I did on my blog at ZacJohnson.com and it’s helped the branding for the site immensely.
- Create Your Basic Blog Pages – Once your blog is live it’s important for you to create the best “pages” for your blogs that nearly every other professional blog has. This includes an about me page, contact page, advertising information (when needed) and any other pages that can be used to highlight your content.
- Social Networks – After you start creating some content for your blog, it would be a great idea for your to setup your social accounts with a backlink to your blog. This way people can find your blog and learn more about you. It would also be a good idea for you to setup social networking pages and accounts for your blog.
- Monetization – If you are creating a blog for business or to try and earn money, you will need to look at the many different ways that you can monetize content. There are many different ways to make money with a blog such as affiliate marketing, on site advertising, paid reviews, creating products or guides and even selling your own services such as consulting.
Need Help with Setting Up Your Blog?
If you are yet to start a blog of your own then we can help you with the process. To get started, all you need to do is click on the banner to right and you can get setup with your own free domain name and web hosting package. Once this is completed you can use the contact form to send me an email and I will do the rest for you. I will even throw in a premium WordPress theme worth $79 for free and will get your blog on the right path.
I look forward to hearing back from you and please keep me updated on your blog success!