Podcasting is amazing and it’s definitely the next evolution in content creation in the world today. Years ago we had the introduction of blogging, which allowed for a two-sided conversation with our audience and bringing the conversation to life on our very own websites. Blogging also made it extremely fast and easy for anyone to create their own website or blog and post content to the internet in seconds… while also having complete ownership over their content in the process.
We are now seeing this same type of wide-scale growth explosion in the world of podcasting. While the concept of podcasting has been around for several years now, it’s now finally starting to get the attention it deserves. With iTunes effectively pushing podcast downloads to nearly all of their users and mobile devices, the audience and exposure of podcasting is growing every day.
It’s also not just content creators who are podcasting, it’s big name companies, brands and celebrities as well. Take a look at any of the top marketing or business podcasts within iTunes on any given day and you will find plenty of well-known entrepreneurs, business experts, TV personalities and even some top bloggers as well.
The success of podcasting is plain and simple. It’s free content that brings your audience engagement to life.
We all know that creating content is important for every brand or business, but at the end of the day, most people are reading just your headline and maybe a few sentences of your article. With podcasting, you actually have an audience that is plugged in and anxiously waiting for your next episode to release. The podcasting audience is also a passionate and loyal group — listening to shows while on their way to and from work, at the gym or even before going to bed at the end of a long day.
In a world where numbers and volume means everything… a good way to think about your podcasting audience is this — 100,000 visitors to your site is something special. 1 person passionately listening to what you have to say on your podcast is just amazing. How can you grow your podcasting audience?
With all of that being said, let’s take a look at 12 must-listen podcasts for savvy marketers, as originally listed by John Rampton of Due.com in one his recent Forbes articles. You can view the list and a summary of each podcast below, then also visually see the list and highlights through our custom infographic below.
12 Marketing Podcasts for Entrepreneurs You Can’t Afford to Miss
- Business Mistakes – Business Mistakes has already received more than 150 five-star ratings and features various industry leaders who talk about their life-changing mistakes and the steps they did to rise after the blunder.
- PNR: This Old Marketing – Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi puts their audience in the know about the latest trends and strategies in content marketing, this podcast is for you.
- The Solopreneur – Hosted by Michael O’Neal, Solopreneur aims to help those who consider themselves unemployable by leading them to the correct path to becoming successful on their own terms.
- Mixergy – Listen to Andrew Warner as he interviews the best of the best and asks them uncomfortable and thought-provoking questions to bring out the greatest success and heart-wrenching failures of his guests.
- Entrepreneur On Fire – Get into the minds of today’s entrepreneurs and leading business experts from John Lee Dumas’ award-winning podcast, EOFire or Entrepreneurs on Fire.
- Growth Everywhere – The Growth Show is the business podcast of HubSpot. It is dedicated to helping leaders and business people grow their ideas, businesses, a movement, or a team.
- The Growth Show – Growth Everywhere is a podcast dedicated to growing your business and your personal growth; thus, the namesake.
- Smart Passive Income – Smart Passive Income is what it is – helping you find passive income resources so that you have more time to pursue your other endeavors. It is packed with stories and lesson Pat Flynn, the founder, has experienced.
- Manager Tools – If you want to become a better manager and gain invaluable insight how to manage your team, Manager Tools has very comprehensive tools and resources to help you achieve that goal.
- The James Altucher Show – Psychologist and best-selling author, James Altucher does not just bring you business insights but also about finding your passion and purpose and build it to bring you profit.
- EntreLeadership – EntreLeadership is hosted by Ken Coleman, it includes lively discussions about business and leadership that can add more to your knowledge and insight.
- Rise of the Entrepreneur – Zac Johnson has interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs that spill the beans on the best tips and tricks to launch, grow and have a successful business.