Ever wondered how many bloggers there are in the United States? How about how many active business blogs there are in the US? Blogging.org has done the research as well as polled over 1000 bloggers across the US to find out the answers that you want to know. Below is an infographic with all the data that we put together.
1000 Person Survey:
What Blogging Platform Do People Use?
- 43% WordPress
- 35% Blogger
- 16% Tumblr, Typepad, Posterous
- 6% Other
What Diversity Are People In The US?
- 48% Caucasian
- 38% African American
- 9% Other
- 4% Latin American
How Much Do People Make Blogging?
- 8% Enough Money To Support A Family
- 81% Never Make $100 From Blogging
- 9% Enough To Sustain Their Personal Lifestyle Blogging 4-6 Hours A Day
- 2% Make $150K+ Blogging 1-2 Hours A Day
There are an estimated 31 Million bloggers in the US as of July 2012
Businesses Blogging Stats
- 60% of Businesses have a Business
- 35% Blog At Least Once A Month
- 65% Haven’t Blogged Once In The Past Year
US Blogging Stats For 2012
- 42,000,000 Blogs hosted in the US
- 329 Million People View A Blog Monthly
- 25 Billion Pages Viewed Monthly
- 500,000 Daily New Posts
- 400,000 Daily Comments
What Are The Common Blogging Languages?
- English 66%
- Spanish 8.7%
- Portuguese 6.5%
- Indonesian 3.5%
- Italian 2%
- German 1.8%
- French 1.4%
- Russian 1.1%
- Vietnamese 1.1%
- Swedish 1.0%
What Are Some Of The Top WordPress.com Sites Out There That I Enjoy?
- Pando Daily
- Many, Many, Many more
We did our best to put together the best numbers possible. We may not be 100% spot on, but we’re pretty close! Hope you have enjoyed our Blogging Stats 2012.