Brad Pitt is an American actor and producer whose films have grossed over $3.7 billion at the U.S. box office. He has been nominated for five Academy Awards, winning one for his supporting role in the film “12 Years a Slave.”
Pitt was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma, on December 18, 1963, to Jane Etta (née Hillhouse), a high school counselor, and William Alvin Pitt, a truck company owner. The family soon relocated to Springfield, Missouri, where he lived throughout his childhood. His parents divorced when he was 13 years old. As a result, Pitt split his time between living with his mother in Springfield and staying with his father in Kansas City.
Pitt began his acting career with appearances on television shows such as “Dallas” and “Another World.” He made his film debut in the 1987 horror movie “Cutting Class.” Pitt’s breakout role came in 1991, when he played a hitchhiker in the thriller “Thelma & Louise.” The film was a critical and commercial success, and Pitt’s performance earned him his first Academy Award nomination.
Brad Pitt Age, Height & Bio
Looking for the recent news on celebrities and social media stars? We got you covered with all the things related to celebrities in one place. Brad Pitt is a famous American actor and producer. Here are some interesting facts and the latest development on Brat Pitt
How old is Brad Pitt, and where was he born?
Born: December 18, 1963 (age 58 years), Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States
How much is Brad Pitt worth?
Net worth: $300 Million
Who is Brad Pitt married to?
Angelina Jolie (m. 2014–2019), Jennifer Aniston (m. 2000–2005)
What are some of Brad Pitt’s most popular acting roles?
AD Astra, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Curious Case Of Benjamin Buttons, Fight Club, Se7en
How many children does Brad Pitt have?
Maddox, Zahara, Shiloh, Pax, Vivienne, and Knox
What is the height of Brad Pitt?
Height 5,11″, Weight 172 lbs
What are Brad Pitt’s measurements?
Why is Brad Pitt Famous?
Brad Pitt first gained recognition for his role in the cult classic film, “Fight Club.” He then went on to star in popular films such as “Ocean’s Eleven,” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” and “Inglorious Basterds.”
In addition to his successful acting career, Brad Pitt is also well-known for his high-profile relationships. He was married to Jennifer Aniston from 2000 to 2005, and later married Angelina Jolie in 2014 (though they recently announced their separation in 2016).
Brad Pitt has also had a longstanding philanthropic involvement with Make It Right Foundation, an organization that rebuilds homes for families affected by Hurricane Katrina. Overall, Brad Pitt remains a household name due to his talent and charisma in film, as well as his personal life.
Brad Pitt Quotes on Life
As one of the movie industry’s most famous and successful celebrities, Brad Pitt has a humongous fan following. Throughout his career, Brad Pitt has won multiple awards for his performances. He has always been quite active in philanthropy since the beginning. Here are some famous quotes on life by Brad Pitt.
- “A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all.”
- “You must lose everything in order to gain anything.”
- “Happiness is overrated. There has to be conflict in life.”
- “We’re so complex; we’re mysteries to ourselves; we’re difficult to each other. And then storytelling reminds us we’re all the same.”
- “I’ve always been at war with myself, for right or wrong. I don’t know how to explain it more. It’s universal. Some people are better at dealing with it, and they sleep with no pain – not pain, arguments. I’ve grown quite comfortable with being at war.”
- “I’m a bit of a loner, you know? I’m quieter by nature. And coming from, you know, hillbilly country, I’m probably more reserved.”
Brad Pitt Movie Career
Pitt went on to star in several blockbusters throughout the 1990s, including “A River Runs Through It,” “Interview with the Vampire,” “Legends of the Fall,” and “Se7en.” He also appeared in the independent films “12 Monkeys” and “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford,” both of which earned him critical acclaim.
Pitt’s highest-grossing film to date is “World War Z,” a 2013 zombie thriller that grossed over $540 million worldwide. His other notable films include “Ocean’s Eleven,” “Mr. & Mrs. Smith,” “Inglourious Basterds,” and “Moneyball.”
Popular Brad Pitt Movies
1. “Fight Club” – Brad Pitt stars as an insomniac office worker who, seeking escape from the mundane, joins a fight club with Tyler Durden (played by Edward Norton). The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $100 million worldwide.
2. “Ocean’s Eleven” – A star-studded cast, including Pitt, George Clooney, and Matt Damon, pull off a heist on three casinos owned by Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia). The movie was a box office hit, grossing over $450 million worldwide.
3. “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” – Pitt and Angelina Jolie star as a married couple who, unbeknownst to each other, are both assassins. The movie was a commercial success, grossing over $500 million worldwide.
4. “Inglourious Basterds” – Pitt stars as Lieutenant Aldo Raine, the leader of a group of Jewish-American soldiers during World War II. The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $321 million worldwide.
5. “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” – Pitt stars as the titular character, a man who is born as an elderly man and ages in reverse. The movie was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $337 million worldwide.
6. “World War Z” – Pitt stars as Gerry Lane, a United Nations employee who becomes caught up in a zombie apocalypse. The movie was a commercial success, grossing over $540 million worldwide.
7. “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” – Pitt stars as Cliff Booth, a stuntman who befriends actor Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio). The movie was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $374 million worldwide.
8. “Thelma & Louise” – Pitt stars as J.D., a drifter who befriends Thelma (Geena Davis) and Louise (Susan Sarandon). The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $45 million worldwide.
9. “12 Monkeys” – Pitt stars as Jeffrey Goines, a mentally ill man who is recruited by a group of scientists to help stop a deadly virus from wiping out humanity. The movie was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $168 million worldwide.
10. “Snatch” – Pitt stars as Mickey O’Neil, an Irish gypsy boxer who becomes involved in a heist gone wrong. The movie was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $80 million worldwide.
Brad Pitt Relationship Status
Brad Pitt Quotes and Sayings
“You must lose everything in order to gain anything.”
“I have a hard time with morals. All I know is what feels right, what’s more important to me is being honest about who you are. Morals I get a little hung up on.”
“Family – and certainly kids and a stable relationship – is something bigger than yourself. They need you to sit down with them, be there for them when they wake up in the middle of the night.”
“I think happiness is overrated. Satisfied, at peace-those would be more realistic goals.”
“I had a friend who worked at a hospice, and he said people in their final moments don’t discuss their successes, awards or what books they wrote or what they accomplished. They only talk about their loves and their regrets, and I think that’s very telling.”
“In Missouri, where I come from, we don’t talk about what we do – we just do it. If we talk about it, it’s seen as bragging.”
“Stop being perfect, because obsessing over being perfect stops you from growing.”
“Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.”
Fun Facts About Brad Pitt
Brad Pitt is one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, and has been for many years. Here are some fun facts about him that you may not know!
1. Brad Pitt was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma, on December 18, 1963.
2. His full name is William Bradley Pitt.
3. Brad Pitt’s father, Bill, was a truck company owner, and his mother, Jane, was a high school counselor.
4. He has two older siblings: Doug (born in 1961) and Julie (born in 1969).
5. Brad Pitt attended Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Missouri.
6. He then studied journalism at the University of Missouri but left before graduating to pursue a career in acting.
7. Brad Pitt’s first film role was in the 1987 horror movie “Cutting Class.”
8. He then appeared in several television shows and movies throughout the late 1980s and early 1990s, including “Dallas” (1987), “Growing Pains” (1988), “Glory Days” (1990), and “Across the Tracks” (1991).
9. Brad Pitt’s breakout film role came in 1991 when he played Tyler Durden in “Fight Club.”
10. He has since starred in many successful films, including “Ocean’s Eleven” (2001), “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” (2005), “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008), and “Inglourious Basterds” (2009).
11. Brad Pitt has won several awards for his work in film, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.
12. He is also a producer and has his own production company, Plan B Entertainment.
13. Brad Pitt is married to actress Angelina Jolie. They have six children together: three sons and three daughters.
14. In addition to his acting and producing career, Brad Pitt is also active in philanthropy and social causes. He has founded the Make It Right Foundation, which helps build homes for people in need, and he is a supporter of numerous other charities and organizations.
Brad Pitt Net Worth – $300 Million
As of 2022, Brad Pitt’s net worth is estimated to be roughly $300 million. This makes him one of the richest actors in Hollywood.
Brad Pitt FAQ
Is Brad Pitt in a relationship now?
Brad Pitt is not currently in a relationship. However, you never know who he might be spotted in the public with next. Let’s wait until the tabloid and gossip magazines have something to say.
How many times did Brad Pitt marry?
Pitt is now divoced from super star actresses Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie. This means he was married and divorced twice.
How many biological kids does Brad Pitt have?
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have six kids together. Of these children, three were adopted and three are biological children. Pitt did not have any childen during his marriage to Jennifer Aniston.
How old was Brad Pitt in his first movie?
Pitt started acting at the age of 24 in the year of 1987. His first role was in the television series 21 Jump Street, produced by Fox.