People love Dancing with the Stars for a variety of reasons. Perhaps the most obvious reason is that it’s entertaining – especially when you consider that we are all watching celebrities dance, often in very creative and elaborate costumes, which can be very fun to watch. And more often than not, some of the hottest celebrities in the world are appearing on the show, no matter what season it is.
In addition, Dancing with the Stars also has an element of suspense – viewers never know which celebrity will be voted off next, or who will ultimately win the competition. Finally, many people enjoy watching Dancing with the Stars because they have a special interest in one of its contestants – perhaps they are fans of one of the professional dancers, or maybe they have a personal connection to one of the stars.
Whatever your reason for loving Dancing with the Stars, there’s no doubt that this show continues to capture our attention and our imagination year after year. Whether you’re a fan of the show or just curious to see what all the hype is about, you will enjoy this article we have for you today — in which we highighlt 21 different celebrities that have appeared on DWTS over the years.
21 Celebrities that Strut their Stuff on Dancing with the Stars
Celebrities have been a staple on Dancing with the Stars since the show’s inception in 2005. Here are 20 of the most memorable stars who have appeared on the show:
1. Kim Kardashian – Kim first appeared on DWTS during its 15th season, and she wowed audiences with her fancy footwork and poise under pressure.
2. Tom Bergeron – Tom has co-hosted all 24 seasons of DWTS, and he is known for his sense of humor and quick wit. He also served as host for America’s Funniest Home Videos from 1998 to 2015.
3. Bindi Irwin – This animal activist and conservationist received lots of praise for her graceful dancing style when she competed on DWTS in 2015.
4. Belinda Carlisle – This former member of the pop band The Go-Go’s wowed audiences with her high-energy dancing routines on DWTS during its 12th season.
5. Donny Osmond – Donny joined DWTS for the show’s 13th season, and he proved that he still had some serious dance moves at the age of 58!
6. Pamela Anderson – Pamela made headlines during her stint as a contestant on DWTS when she was paired with professional dancer Damian Whitewood, whom she dated for several years after leaving the show.
7. Ty Murray – This renowned rodeo star competed on Season 11 of DWTS and earned lots of praise for his strong performances.
8. Hines Ward – Hines became one of the most decorated athletes to compete on DWTS when he won the Mirrorball Trophy during Season 12.
9. Meryl Davis – This Olympic champion ice dancer wowed audiences with her graceful moves and earned lots of praise when she competed on DWTS in 2014. She remains one of the show’s most successful contestants to date.
10. Lance Bass – Lance was a popular contestant on DWTS when he joined the cast for its 10th season, but he unfortunately left early due to injury. However, his time on the show inspired him to pursue dance as a hobby outside of the competition setting, which is great news for all of his fans!
11. Joey Fatone – Like Lance Bass, Joey made a name for himself on DWTS when he appeared on the show’s 10th season before being eliminated early due to injury. However, he has continued to pursue dance as a hobby in his spare time, which is great news for all of his fans!
12. Jaleel White – Best known for playing Steve Urkel in the sitcom Family Matters, Jaleel was a contestant on Season 14 of DWTS and used it as an opportunity to learn more about ballroom dancing. The experience had such a positive impact that he now teaches ballroom dancing lessons at his local gym!
13. Wynonna Judd – This country music singer wowed audiences with her performances on DWTS during Season 17, and she is especially notable for being a contestant who has competed more than once. She previously appeared as a contestant during Season 8 in 2006.
14. Joey McIntyre – Famous for being one of the members of boy band New Kids on the Block, Joey was a contestant on DWTS season 9. He achieved some early notoriety by almost receiving an automatic out due to having been previously injured in training, but he ultimately continued competing and ended up placing 4th overall!
15. Nancy Grace – This television host became known for confronting various celebrities about their legal troubles when she served as host of A Current Affair from 1994 to 2005 and then The Nancy Grace Show from 2005 to 2011. She also served as a guest judge on DWTS for several seasons.
16. Kirstie Alley – This actress is best known for her starring role in the TV series Cheers, but she has since become a household name again due to competing on the show in Season 12 of DWTS. It didn’t hurt that she was partnered with professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy!
17. Sabrina Bryan – Sabrina joined DWTS during its 7th season and delivered some of the strongest performances of her career on the show before ultimately being eliminated mid-season. Since then, she has gone on to star in a variety of projects both inside and outside of Hollywood, including serving as hostess for a daytime talk show called The Real.
18. Niecy Nash – Known for portraying characters who were obsessed with cleanliness and hygiene, this actress made a name for herself when she starred in various roles on Reno 911! and The Soul Man. She also competed on DWTS during Season 15.
19. Lisa Vanderpump – As one of the stars of hit Bravo TV reality series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, this British socialite is known for speaking her mind as well as her quirky fashion sense and accent. She also competed on DWTS during Season 16.
20. Zendaya – This teenager first rose to fame after appearing in Disney Channel’s Shake It Up! series before going on to make appearances in movies like Spider-Man: Homecoming. She also competed on DWTS during Season 16, setting a new record for the youngest contestant ever to compete on the show.
21. Roshon Fegan – Starring in the Disney Channel’s Shake It Up! series, as well as acting in various other TV shows and movies before landing a starring role on Dancing with the Stars for its 14th season.
Which Celebrities will be on DWTS Next?
While there are countless celebrities who have competed or appeared as guest judges on Dancing with the Stars over the years, these 20 stand out above all others due to their level of success both in and outside of Hollywood.
Whether you’re a big fan of the show yourself or just a curious onlooker, get ready to learn more about your favorite stars from Dancing with the Stars!
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to check out all of the celebrities that have appeared in GQ, Vogue, Women’s Health and Maxim magazines. We have them all listed, and are always adding new content daily.