Nowadays it’s just not enough to start a website. You also need a blog to accent your site. The history of blogging is interesting. It started with some everyday people just posting details about their family vacations, then sharing with others online. It gave them a way to communicate with family members or friends who lived far away and wanted to feel like they were there with them on their vacations or to share their adventures afterward.
Eventually, businesses realized that they could use this available technology to communicate with their customers in a similar way and started using it to inform customers about new products and services, as well as hype up the roll-out of a brand new feature. Over time, the blog has evolved into something that serves as both a way to impart relevant information to clients, as well as offer them something of value that is important to them. It is not meant to be sales-oriented, but informational in nature.
But customers appreciate the information so much that they often return to see what other tidbits they can get from the blog and often turn into a customer as a result.
How to Start a Blog
There are some ways and platforms on which to start a blog. One of the simplest ways is to go to Blogger.com and create one on the Google platform. The advantage to the Google solution is that you are automatically put in Google’s search engine when you do this since they own Blogger.com. However, while the format works fine, it is a bit limited in many ways and seems only to work as a standalone system. You can link it to your website, of course, to get more traffic.
Another way is to use WordPress. WP is a bit more complicated to set up and maintain, but the advantage to it is that you can easily integrate it into your social media, website, and other platforms. WP is becoming very popular mostly because of its ability to help you build your brand image through their easy-to-use integrated software.
Another great way to start a blog with Wix.com. Wix is a great all-in-one solution where you can build your website, blog, and any other features you wish to integrate all in one place.
The advantage of doing this is that you don’t have to worry about maintaining your blog “off-site” (on another URL other than your primary website location). This saves you time and money in the long run and keeps everything in one place.
Key Features that Make Wix the Best Choice
One of the things that I noticed that make Wix stand out is its long list of features.
Here is a rundown of some of the best ones that make it a great choice if you’re trying to decide where to house your blog and website.
- Create a blog that is automatically mobile-friendly. One of the most important things that you need to do now is to make your website mobile-friendly. Wix keeps this in mind by making your website mobile-optimized as you go, so there’s no having to figure out how to do this after you’ve created it.
- Create a stunning business website with multiple features built-in. Wix has stunning templates and HTML templates that allow you to have the best of both worlds. Use their stunning graphics and special drag-and-drop features while also having access to HTML capabilities, making your options for creation endless.
- Get access to instant SEO tools that do the hard work for you. With the onboard automated SEO tools, the sky’s the limit on creating natural SEO results.
- Use the Google Maps app to integrate with your website and blog so customers will find you. Google Maps helps your customers find you quickly in the “real world.”
- List business hours. You can even list your hours of operation, so you are catering to both your online customers and real-world clients who want to stop by your physical business location.
- Contact page There is also a Wix contact page for customers to contact you and it’s a great leads generator.
You can see the latest features and updates added to Wix in the screenshot below.
These are just a few of the outstanding features we noticed when previewing the site. But it is by no means extensive, compared to everything they have!
I was amazed at all of the other features such as Traffic generation tools like marketing and ad campaigns, SEO Analytics, and Google Adsense. You can easily integrate all of these into the Wix platform and make everything come together quickly.
Multimedia Features with Easy Access for Blog Updates
One of my favorite features I noticed with Wix is the ability to post multimedia like videos, audio, photos, and more within your blog posts quickly and easily. The navigation menu for the media is right above the area where you are writing your posts, so it makes the whole process effortless.
Wix is also very aware of the importance of using mobile-friendly applications to reach the millions of customers with mobile devices. This puts you in front of the right people who are on the platforms that are most likely to want your services.
They also have several different types of templates, including “Photography,” “Music,” “Online Store,” and many others so that you can choose the format that works best for you. You can see a few of their premium site templates and designs below.
You will just have to check out Wix.com to see all of the features they offer for your business website. They will let you do any other kind of website too. But we used the business type of website as an example for purposes of this post.
The features are just too numerous to mention in this post. But suffice it to say that Wix allows you to create and maintain a website, blog, and full-featured online store all in one neatly orchestrated package that is stocked full of extra features that will help you maximize your ROI and promote your brand.
Some Tips on Writing Great Content for your Blog or Website
Web content does not just happen. It takes a great deal of thought and creative insight to bring to life the image and the personality you have in mind for your company. But Wix can certainly get you started with that. Wherever you decide to host your website and blog, consider these ideas when writing content for your website and blog:
- Who is your target audience? What are their general age, income level, and background? What do they like to do? What are their pain points?
- What do they need? What content can you provide them with that will make them want to come back? If you give people something for free, they may return the favor with their business later.
- What keywords would you use if you were searching for the content of your site? Match the keywords with your high-quality content to keep people (and search engines) happy.
If all of this seems time-consuming (or even a bit intimidating), that’s where Wix comes in. They are very tech-savvy, and they have the customer support you need to get this thing started off right. Contact them here for more information on how they can help.