Besides his role as Chandler Bing on the hit TV show “Friends,” Matthew Perry has had a successful acting career spanning decades. He began performing in high school plays, and later attended the prestigious drama school, The Williamstown Theatre Festival.
Perry’s first big break came with his role on the popular sitcom “Boys Will Be Boys,” which launched him into the public eye. He continued to gain recognition for his roles in movies such as “Fools Rush In” and “The Whole Nine Yards.”
In addition to acting, Perry is also a talented writer and producer. He co-created and starred in the television comedy “Mr. Sunshine,” and also wrote and produced the play “The End of Longing,” which debuted in London’s West End in 2016.
Outside of his professional life, Perry has been open about his past struggles with addiction and depression. He is a spokesperson for the National Association of Drug Court Professionals, and actively works to raise awareness for mental health issues.
Matthew Perry’s Age, Height, and Bio
Looking for the latest and accurate news on celebrities or social media stars? We got you covered. Matthew Perry is an American-Canadian actor. Here are the recent developments and some interesting facts on Matthew Perry.
How old is Matthew Perry, and where was he born?
Born: August 19, 1969 (age 53 years), Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States.
How much is Matthew Perry worth?
Net worth: $120 Million.
Who is Matthew Perry married to?
What are some of Matthew Perry’s most popular acting roles?
Friends, 17 Again, The Whole Nine Yards, Go On
How many children does Matthew Perry have?
What is the height of Matthew Perry?
Height 6’0″, Weight 181 lbs
What are Matthew Perry’s measurements?
Matthew Perry’s Quotes on Life
Matthew Perry is loved by many fans for his role in Friends and many other movies and TV shows in the comedy genre. Perry is quite expressive when get asked about life and career. Here are some of the famous quotes by Matthew Perry.
- “My favorite six words in recovery are: trust God, clean house, and help others.”
- “Well, I was lucky enough to be involved in about 19 failures at an early age, so I’m realistic about the success I’m having and how quickly it can go away. What’s important is to be smart about it.”
- “There are two ways to go when you hit that crossroads in your life: There is the bad way, when you sort of give up, and then there is the really hard way, when you fight back. I went the hard way and came out of it okay. Now, I’m sitting here and doing great.”
- “I used to be a real prince charming if I went on a date with a girl. But then I’d get to where I was likely to have a stroke from the stress of keeping up my act. I’ve since learned the key to a good date is to pay attention on her.”
- “My sense of style is an old Polo shirt, jeans and, unfortunately for the longest time, white running shoes, which was not attractive. The one thing I’ve learned about clothes is to ask a girl.”
- “‘I have a well-documented history of trouble with intimacy.”
Why Matthew Perry is Famous
Matthew Perry is famously known for his role as Chandler Bing on the hit sitcom “Friends.” He has also made appearances in other popular shows and movies such as “The West Wing,” “17 Again,” and “The Good Wife.”
Before his acting career took off, Perry attended the prestigious National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts in Canada. He landed small roles in television shows and movies before being cast as Chandler Bing, a character that he played for 10 years.
In addition to his successful acting career, Perry is also a co-owner of the Hollywood hotspot restaurant and lounge, The Bandit Cafe.
Aside from his professional accomplishments, Matthew Perry has been open about his battles with addiction and depression. In 2001, he entered a rehabilitation facility and has since become an advocate for mental health awareness.
Overall, Matthew Perry is famous for his comedic acting skills, successful business ventures, and bravery in discussing his personal struggles.