Released in 1996, Scream quickly became a cult classic and redefined the horror genre. The film follows a group of teenagers who find themselves being targeted by a masked killer known as Ghostface.
Written by Kevin Williamson and directed by Wes Craven, Scream subverted audience expectations by incorporating self-awareness and dark humor into traditional slasher tropes. In addition to its success at the box office, the film received critical acclaim for its clever storytelling and phenomenal cast, including Drew Barrymore, David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and Matthew Lillard.
Scream spawned three sequels and a television series on MTV. It continues to be referenced in pop culture and remains a beloved favorite among fans.
Scream Cast Net Worth Today
According to various references and resources, the cast members’ net worths in Scream range from $3 million (Matthew Lillard) to $60 million (Courteney Cox).
Neve Campbell, who plays the main character Sidney Prescott, has a net worth of $18 million. While some may be surprised at the success of Scream’s young stars like Lillard and Skeet Ulrich (who has a net worth of $8 million), veteran actress Cox has amassed her fortune through not only her role as reporter Gale Weathers in the Scream franchise but also through her long-running role on Friends.
Other notable names from the show include Liev Schreiber, Jamie Kennedy and Rose McGowan — who all have personal net worth figure into the several millions.
Due to its popularity and successful sequels, the Scream franchise as a whole is worth an estimated $604 million.
It’s interesting to see the financial impact that horror movies can have, with Scream proving to be a lucrative venture for its cast members. Who knows – maybe starring in a few scary flicks could be the key to boosting your bank account.
Quotes from the Movie Scream
One of the most iconic horror movies of all time, Scream has some seriously quotable lines. From the legendary “What’s your favorite scary movie?” to Dewey’s hilariously meta comment about sequels, here are some of our favorite quotes from the original Scream:
1. “Do you like scary movies?” – Ghostface
2. “Why are you so obsessed with killing teenagers?” – Sidney Prescott
3. “It’s a sequel, they’re never as good as the original” – Deputy Dewey Riley
4. “Movies don’t create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative” – Gale Weathers
5. “I’ll be right here, waiting for you to come get me” – Billy Loomis
6. “Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity” – Gale Weathers
7. “I’m not afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens” – Randy Meeks
8. “One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires” – Deputy Don Schank
9. “This is real life unfriendly, not a movie where the killer gets caught and thrown in jail with the pretty blonde visiting him every Sunday”- Casey Becker 10. “It’s like some nightmare where everything that can go wrong does” – Sidney Prescott.