Learning a new language can be overwhelming, but it is also incredibly fun! Make sure you take advantage of any opportunity to practice the language, whether you have a car or are traveling. Always take your flashcards and study while you’re in transit. Once you’re at your destination, you can switch to passive learning by doing things in your new language. This could mean watching movies or listening to radio broadcasts in your new language.
Try attending events in your city where people are speaking the new language. Even if you don’t know anyone who speaks that language, the Internet is a great way to melt your brain. You can also find movies in the language that you’re learning with subtitles. These are often subtitled in English, so you can learn the words without being self-conscious. Once you’ve mastered the basics of a language, you can move on to more advanced materials.
The best way to learn a new language is to interact with people who speak the same language as you. This way, you’re likely to continue the process and become fluent. By doing so, you’ll be more motivated to stick with it and you’ll be speaking it before you know it. And by practicing conversational speaking, you’ll be able to interact with people and communicate with them without exerting any extra mental effort.
10 of the Most Popular Languages Spoken Around the World
There are thousands of languages spoken around the world, but some are more popular than others. Here are the most common languages spoken in the world, based on data from Ethnologue.
1. Mandarin Chinese – More than 1 billion people speak Mandarin Chinese as their first language. It is the official language of China and Taiwan, and one of the four official languages of Singapore.
2. Spanish – More than 470 million people worldwide speak Spanish as their first language. It is the official language of Spain, Mexico, and many other countries in Central and South America.
3. English – More than 400 million people speak English as their first language. It is the official language of the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and many other countries.
4. Hindi – More than 370 million people speak Hindi as their first language. It is the official language of India, and one of the 22 scheduled languages of the Republic of India.
5. Arabic – More than 350 million people worldwide speak Arabic as their first language. It is the official language of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
6. Bengali – More than 250 million people speak Bengali as their first language. It is the official language of Bangladesh and one of the 23 scheduled languages of India.
7. Portuguese – More than 220 million people worldwide speak Portuguese as their first language. It is the official language of Brazil, Portugal, and many other countries in South America and Africa.
8. Russian – More than 155 million people speak Russian as their first language. It is the official language of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan, and one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
9. Japanese – More than 125 million people speak Japanese as their first language. It is the official language of Japan and one of the four official languages of Singapore.
10. Punjabi – More than 100 million people speak Punjabi as their first language. It is the official language of Pakistan and one of the 22 scheduled languages of India.
These are just some of the most popular languages spoken around the world. There are many other languages that are also widely spoken, such as French, German, Italian, and Hindi.
List of the Top Language Learning Blogs on the Internet Today
When looking for any type of specific information or resources online, there is simply way too much out there and it’s easy to get overwhelmed in the process. In order to help you find exactly what you are looking for, we’ve listed some of the best language learning blogs, websites and hashtags below.
Top Blogs and Trending Hashtags
In addition to the list of hand selected websites and blogs listed below, we also recommend view the latest trending hashtags on social media to find new sites.
1. Tofugu — A Japanese Culture & Language Blog
2. TESL Ontario
Celebrities that Can Speak More than One Language
There are many celebrities that can speak multiple languages. This is likely due to the fact that they have a lot of international exposure and need to be able to communicate with people from all over the world. Some of the most popular celebrities that can speak multiple languages include:
- 1. Jennifer Lopez
- 2. Tom Hiddleston
- 3. Pitbull
- 4. Sofia Vergara
- 5. Salma Hayek
- 6. Mila Kunis
- 7. Natalie Portman
- 8. Gwyneth Paltrow
- 9. Zoe Saldana
- 10. Jessica Alba
These are just some of the celebrities that can speak multiple languages. It is clear that having this skill can be very beneficial, especially in the entertainment industry. If you are interested in learning another language, why not take some inspiration from these celebrities and start learning today?
Language Learning Hashtags on Social Media
#foreignlanguage #languagelearning #language #languages #polyglot #languagelover #languagestudy #learning #english #languageschool #learnlanguages #polish #learninglanguages #education #foreignlanguages #learnenglish #bilingual #vocabulary #languagestudent #german #french #spanish #linguistics #italian #languagelearner #learnitalian #polishlanguage #learnpolish #chinese #polski