The Wix website builder is one of the most powerful platforms for creating a website quickly and easily. Thousands of people and business owners have discovered the advantages of using this platform for creating and maintaining a site. Let’s dig a little deeper and find out why so many people like the Wix platform?
For one thing, it’s super simple to use. You can go to your Wix website and utilize the online tools to create a great site in less than an hour, according to many people who have used it. There’s a high level of usability, which makes it comfortable for any person to get started with a Wix site.
Before you create a website, think about what you want to include. Make a short list of things that you want to feature and the elements that are most crucial. Then get started building!
Steps for Creating a Site on Wix
If you have always wondered if Wix was a good platform for you to use, check out these steps that will help you create a website in less than an hour.
1. Sign up for the free Wix trial.- To start with a website on the Wix site, start by signing up for their free site option. During this time, you can test it out for yourself to see if you can create a site with ease and in about an hour. Of course, if may take you a bit longer if you have no experience with creating a website, but it will still be worth it! Most people who use Wix’s robust platform report that they have created websites in less than a day that they are very proud of. If you can create a site using this platform, you will be happy with your results, even if it takes you a bit longer.
2. Choose your type of website.- Once you sign up for an account, you can start creating your website. Choose the type of website you want to have and pick your industry and theme. There are hundreds of templates available for you to choose from that should fit into your niche area. Browse through the collection of templates and see which one fits your brand the best.
3. Select a template for your site.- Choosing a template is important, too. The template will determine what you will be able to do with your design so it’s important to think about how your site will look using different templates. With the easy-to-use template chooser, you will be able to pick a template and try it out then easily switch if you decide you prefer another look.
4. Customize your site and detail your design.- Once you get your site set up, you can start working on fine-tuning and customizing your site. You want your site to reflect your brand, so use this opportunity to try out different types of formats until you find the one that works. You’ll find a variety of colors, textures, and looks that you can consider that will complement with your brand. Then you will want to customize your site to include your company information, logo, slogan, and any other information that will help you differentiate yourself from others. Even though you are using a template, it’s important to make your site unique using the technology of Wix’s powerful tools.
5. Drag and drop various elements.- Creating a Wix site is easy, and it allows you to drag and drop any element you want to customize your site. You can drag and drop virtually anything you want to go to your site including photos, videos, podcasts and audio, HTML text boxes, and much more.
6. Import media.- Media is important to add a dynamic effect to your website. You should create video content, as well as audio and images that will complement your theme and brand.
7. Add a blog.- Blogging is a great way to let your audience get to know you on a more personal level and create a connection between the content on your website and the information you include on your blog. Your blog can either be included within your Wix site, or you can create a separate page that you can link to your website. Planning your blog content is important, but you can do that once you have your main website structure and design developed. It is important to vary your blog content so that you will engage your target audience on a continual basis and give people a reason to come back for more. Blogging is also an open opportunity to share new posts with your viewers and readers via email newsletters and social media.
8. Connect to social media.- As mentioned above, social media is an important tool that you can use to promote your website and other digital assets once you get your site up and running.
9. Get your site ready for search engines.- Another advantage in using Wix is to use the marketing tools that are available on the site. You can use the SEO Wiz tool to get your site ready for search engines by making it SEO-ready using the easy tool available for free on the Wix site.
10. Focus on mobile elements.- In order to make your site successful, you need to make sure it is mobile-friendly. Mobile users are increasing each year at a high rate, so it’s important to get your site user-friendly for your mobile users. To do this, Wix even has a simple mobile optimization tool to help you with this.
11. Publish your site.- Once you have all of the above completed, you can publish your site to the world. Don’t forget to link your site to your social media, blog, and YouTube channel to maximize your impact on your website and brand.
Think of your website as the outer appearance of your brand. It’s what people see first when they find your name or brand in the online environment.
Bringing it All Together
If you follow these steps, you should be able to use Wix to create your website in an hour or less or at least a short period and get out there with your brand in no time.
You will always want to tweak some smaller things based on what you want to do with your site. Creating a website doesn’t mean that you just fix everything once and then let your site sit idly on the web. You will always want to make small adjustments and monitor and adjust your site according to the needs of your business, as well as the things you want to do with your content.
Wix is just one of many platforms that you could use for your website. But it is a good choice if you want something that is easy to do and quick to publish. It takes the guesswork out of the web design process and allows you to create a professional website utilizing some of the best cutting-edge technology available without having to spend thousands of dollars on your design.
Wix is a dream come true for anyone who wants to create a great website, even if it takes you just a little more than an hour to complete! Check out the all new and improved Wix website builder.